Keto New York Cheesecake (adapted from Jim Fobel’s Old Fashioned Baking Book)
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (one pint) sour cream, room temperature
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Lakanto Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Shortbread Crust: (adapted from All Day I Dream About Food)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground pecan flour (or use more almond flour)
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
Preheat the oven to 325F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture begins to come together.
Turn out the mixture into an 10″ springform baking pan and press firmly into the bottom. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until just golden brown around the edges.
Remove and let cool while preparing the filling.
Meanwhile, using a stand mixer add all cheesecake ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into pie crust. Wrap spring-foam pan in foil and place into larger pan. Add water to pan to create a water bath. Bake at 325 for 2 hours and 15 mins.