We eat a lot of Tri-Tip because they are delicious, easy to make and tend to be a leaner cut of beef. We use our smoker and it makes it taste like heaven. Tri-Tip is great by itself or it’s very tasty used in cheesesteaks or chopped on salads. My husband, Kyle, is the smoker master. He’s been making these Tri-Tips for years but I thought I’d start sharing them with you all. Serve this sliced up with your favorite roasted vegetables!
Tri-Tip Roast With Roasted Vegetables
- 3 pounds Tri-Tip Roast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 large zucchini, sliced 200 grams
- 2 green bell peppers 267 grams
- 1/2 medium purple onion 224 grams
- 3 crowns broccoli florets 567 grams
- 6 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- You’ll want to trim any fat or membranes from the Tri-Trip before cooking it. Season it with salt, pepper, garlic and chili powder. Preheat your smoker to around 300 degrees. Smoke your Tri-Tip for 1 hour or until center hits 160.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. About half way through cooking time of the roast you'll want to put the veggies in the oven. Dice up all veggies to larger sized slices and spread in a roasting pan. Add avocado oil, salt & pepper and mix. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes. Enjoy!