This keto mayonnaise is a much healthier version of my old favorite! This is the best mayo recipe I have tried since beginning my keto journey in 2019. Each time I tried making a mayonnaise with avocado, olive or coconut oils it came out tasting horrible! I gave up mayo altogether because if I couldn’t have my beloved Hellman’s’ or Duke’s, I didn’t want any mayo at all. I opted to use yellow mustard instead but it never was the same without my mayo. So the fact that I’m actually giving this recipe a “yes” is huge! I used a different combination of oils in my recipe but this recipe was inspired by Keto Naturopath. Here’s how to make it!
You will need an immersion blender to make this recipe. It’s also worth noting that the only collagen we have had success with was the Perfect Keto Unflavored Collagen. I have used Equip and Vital Proteins which both resulted in fails. You can customize the sweetness to your own taste with your sweetener of choice but we found stevia glycerite was the most delicious.
Healthy Keto Mayonnaise
- 1 Immersion Blender
- 1 mason jar
- 1 cup avocado oil (Chosen Foods brand)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 pasteurized egg
- 1 tbsp unflavored collagen (Perfect Keto brand)
- 2 drops stevia glycerite
- Pasteurize you egg by placing a small bowl with water in microwave and cooking for 3 mixtures. Once water temperature reaches 138 degrees add your raw egg (in shell) and set timer for 3-4 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Using a large mason jar, add all ingredients. Place the immersion blender in the jar and blend until thick and creamy or about 1-2 minutes.
- Store in your fridge up to 2 weeks and use with all your favorite recipes!