Do you ever get annoyed with the traditional stuffed pepper recipes with all the steps? For example, you have to cut the peppers up, remove the seeds, bake them before you stuff them and then make the filling. When you’re not feeling well, that’s a lot of steps. My mother in law made her stuffed peppers this way and it’s genius!
Low Carb Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large casserole pan with avocado spray.
- Dice onion and peppers and add to a saute pan with avocado oil. Saute until tender.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground turkey until cooked through.
- Add spices and cooked ground turkey to saute pan with peppers and onions. Mix well.
- Add the cans of diced tomatoes (removing liquid first) and then the can of Rotel. You can swap this step for a jar of marinara sauce instead.
- Add to casserole dish and top with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.