Ready for a party in your mouth? This Turkey Chili won’t disappoint and your waistline will thank you later. This recipe is easy to make several ways by swapping the meat or veggies. I like to add black beans occasionally to my chili, other times I’ve loaded veggies in there, and sometimes I’ll stick to the basics with just meat. Either way, switch it up so it’s not the same thing every time!
You chili is going to taste better if you make your own chili seasoning. Plus, the store bought chili seasoning is full of junk ingredients. My chili uses Budget Bytes chili seasoning and all I do is double it for my recipe. I also serve my chili with these yummy cheddar biscuits!
Low Carb Turkey Chili
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 2 pounds ground turkey (or beef)
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 24 oz no sugar added marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 12 oz black beans or green beans optional
- Using an instant pot in the saute mode, add white onion, green pepper and avocado oil. Saute until translucent and then add ground turkey. Once turkey is cooked add the spices: chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and mix. Next, add the diced tomatoes and marinara sauce. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Add black beans or green beans at this point if you are having them. Serve with your favorite cheddar biscuits and enjoy!