- 6 large green bell peppers
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 TBS grassfed butter
- 2 pounds ground turkey (or beef)
- 1/4 cup dry Marsala wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
- 2 cups RAO’s marinara sauce (or a no sugar added sauce of your choice)
- 10 oz bag of coleslaw mix (or swap for 3 cups riced cauliflower)
- 2 cups of cheese
Remove the seeds from the peppers and add them to a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Cook them at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, add butter and diced onion to a fry pan to brown onion. Add salt and Italian seasoning and mix. Deglaze the pan with the dry Marsala wine and then add the coleslaw mix*. Next, add ground turkey. Add the marinara sauce and mix well. Cook uncovered for about 5-10 minutes to blend flavors and reduce any excess liquid.
Remove peppers from oven and stuff them with the meat mixture. Add your choice of cheese to the top to each pepper and then place peppers back into the oven until cheese is bubbly and melted. Enjoy!
**IF you don’t want to use coleslaw mix swap for riced cauliflower. Microwave the riced cauliflower for about 4 minutes. Add the riced cauliflower to the onion and turkey mixture.