With only 3g of net carbs and 118 calories you can add a whole 16g of protein to your daily macros with this easy and delicious keto protein bread! Mix up the protein powders to make it fit into your lifestyle. This recipe was inspired by Protein Cakery.
Here’s my favorite ways to enjoy this protein bread:
- toast it
- toast it, add butter and everything bagel seasoning
- make croutons by dicing into 1″ squares, toast it, drizzle butter (or spray avocado oil), salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning
- bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches
- toast it and add sugar free peanut butter
- use it for traditional sandwiches
I would highly suggest getting some silicone loaf pans to make the keto protein bread easily. I liked this recipe best using the Perfect Keto unflavored whey protein powder. The Garden of Life pea protein was my second favorite version of the bread.
Keto Protein Bread
- 16 large egg whites 528g
- 1 cup unflavored whey protein powder 106g
- 1/4 cup psyillium husk powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add all ingredients into a bowl except xantham gum. Mix with a hand mixer (or whisk) until blended. Add xantham gum by sprinkling on top of mixture. Mix well. Pour into a silicone loaf pan and bake for one hour.Remove from loaf pan and let cool. You can slice this bread hot or room temperature! Serving size is 1/8 of the loaf or 2 thin slices. Makes 8 servings. Store in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator.