My daughter wanted me to make her birthday cake. I’ve made many keto desserts since my journey began and this is the best recipe yet. It’s a combination of two recipes and it makes an outstanding keto cake! Every crumb was eaten!
I got the cake part of the recipe from Swerve Sweets blog but it is part of another recipe. It’s the cake from the Boston Cream Poke Cake. I’ve made it before and it was so tasty that I wanted to use that portion of the recipe as a cake instead. The frosting is a frosting recipe that I got off of Pinterest 10 years ago but have no idea who initially created it. I did convert it to keto though because it called for vegetable shortening , aka Crisco, filled with soy and real sugar which both aren’t allowed on keto lol. The chocolate ganache was simply melting Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips and adding coconut oil.
Here’s how you make this delicious keto birthday cake!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Perfect Keto Vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tsp grain-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Sweetener
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew milk, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×9 square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, whey protein powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sweetener until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Beat in half of the almond flour mixture, then beat in nut milk. Beat in the remaining almond flour mixture until well combined. Spread batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and the top is just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool in pan.
Keto Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 stick unsalted grassfed butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered Lakanto Sweetener
- 1 dropper full of liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine all ingredients and beat until light and fluffy.
- 1 cup Lily’s Sugar Free chocolate chips (55% cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil. Mix and decorate!
One thought on “Keto Birthday Cake”