I like this recipe the most because it is only egg white so you don’t get the eggy taste. I hated chaffles before discovering this idea from Serious Keto. I often make this recipe using oat fiber instead of psyllium husk powder. Both are keto approved and rich in fiber content. Lately, I’ve been using the oat fiber more often but both ingredients work just fine using a 1:1 ratio. Use this recipe for both mini dash and regular sized waffle machines.
Easy Keto Chaffle
- 50 grams egg whites (or a whole egg)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tbsp oat fiber NOT OAT FLOUR
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp yeast optional
- 3-5 drops liquid stevia optional
- Measure out 50g of egg whites. If you're using regular eggs you'll need at least 3 large eggs to yield 100g of whites after yolk is removed. I found it easier and cheaper to just buy egg whites in the carton. Another option would be to use the whole egg but the chaffle will have an egg flavor in the bread. Using the egg whites only and the mozzarella cheese will yield a delicious bread for your sandwiches and recipes!In a small bowl, measure egg whites. Add salt, oat fiber, stevia and yeast to bowl and mix. The yeast is merely for that bread taste and completely optional. It will not actually do anything because there is no real sugar in this recipe. The stevia is also optional.Add 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese to mixture and set aside the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Using a large waffle iron, place 1/8 cup of the remaining cheese and spread across the waffle iron. Next, add the cheesy mixture over the mozzarella cheese and then top with the remaining 1/8 cup of cheese. The total amount of cheese in this recipe is 1/2 cup. This gives the chaffle the crunch! If you are using a mini dash waffle iron, divide this into 2 waffles.